A chance to be part of the biggest mission movement this century
Christianity is growing rapidly in Asia. There are already 352 million Christians in Asia that represents 8.5 per cent of the Asian population.
However, Christianity in Asia is still a minority in a sea of other religions.
With 3.8 billion non-Christians (81 per cent of the world’s non-Christians), Asia remains by far the world’s largest mission field.
The good news is that God is raising a new generation of Asian Christians to reach Asia’s non-Christians with the Gospel message.
China is now the world’s largest mission sending country with 100,000 missionaries. India is sending 82,950 and South Korea 19,950. The Asian mission movement is the largest mission movement in the 21st Century!
Despite the growth in mission vision and engagement from Asia, mission training in Asia is lagging behind. There are as few as 15 specialist cross-cultural mission training institutions in Asia. The result is that Asian churches send missionaries without adequate intercultural mission training. This in turn makes them less effective in God's Kingdom.
AsiaCMS has been established to develop high quality mission training through training centres across Asia:
Mission Korea (with over 10,000 young people) requested AsiaCMS to provide mission training from its base in Kuala Lumpur.
- In Malaysia and Singapore AsiaCMS has been invited to provide theological and missiological training to churches.
- A number of mission leaders in Pakistan and India are already linked to AsiaCMS. Through them mission movements and networks across South Asia (Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Sri Lanka) are supported with training and capacity building.
- AsiaCMS has been requested by a network of house churches in China to provide training to their missionaries.
AsiaCMS is led by Dr Kang-San Tan, one of the most respected Asian mission leaders. Coming from a Buddhist background Kang-San has worked for the last five years as Head of Mission Studies at Redcliffe College, UK. He is the official spokesperson for the World Evangelical Alliance on interfaith issues and has written extensively on indigenous Asian mission movements, Asian theology, Islam and Buddhism.
Partner with AsiaCMS
AsiaCMS would like to partner with churches and individuals in the following areas:
- Leadership exchange – visits to churches and mission initiatives across Asia
- Mission training in Asia – become part of the Asian mission training faculty or participate in mission training in Asia
- Christian professionals serving in Asia – there is a great need for Christians to use their professional skills in witnessing to people in Asia
- Mission speakers – AsiaCMS leaders are highly qualified to speak during mission weekends in UK churches
- Meaningful partnerships that support strategic mission in Asia
Meet Kang-San Tan
Kang-San would like to meet local church leaders from 2–4pm on:
St Martins-in-the Bull Ring, Birmingham
St Mark’s, Broomhill, Sheffield
Glasgow Elim Church, Glasgow
For more details, contact Sas Conradie at CMS on 01865 787514
Download this information as a flyer