|We want the world
to know Jesus
Booking at a glance
1. Check availability
- fill in the short online enquiry form in the right hand column
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone 01865 787400
- or pay us a visit
2. Discuss the details
We’ll discuss your requirements with you in detail and make a provisional booking (held for 10 working days).
3. Confirm the booking
We’ll send you a booking form which needs to be completed and returned with a deposit to confirm the booking (please read the terms and conditions below or download as a PDF).
4. Food and drink
Final catering orders must be received at least 72 hours ahead of the event.
We'll do everything we can to help your event go smoothly.
Terms and conditions
CMS reception staff undertakes advance bookings of all events. We ask those booking rooms to provide us with accurate information within the timescales outlined.
Guidelines for booking
1. Availability of rooms can be checked with CMS reception staff
2. Provisional bookings will be held for 10 working days only, after which the room(s) will automatically be made available for re-letting. A booking will only be confirmed upon receipt of the booking form.
3. CMS reserves the right to charge an advance deposit of £50 upon confirmation of booking, which will be credited to your final invoice.
4. Your booking must include the necessary time for set-up and set-down, before and after the event.
5. Reception personnel are to be advised at the time of booking of the required room layout and expected number of attendees for a suitable room to be matched and prepared to the organiser’s requirements.
6. Any audio-visual equipment required should be indicated at the time of booking and will incur an extra charge.
7. It is the responsibility of the organiser to ensure all catering orders are discussed with the Senior Receptionist. Final numbers for catering are to be confirmed three working days prior to the event. The invoice will be based on the numbers advised on your booking form or the actual numbers on the day, whichever is greater. Allowance cannot be made for last minute cancellations.
Conditions of Use
8. Catermasters provide a catering service on site, therefore CMS does not permit the use of external caterers on site nor can organisers supply their own food for events without prior approval.
9. CMS Facilities team reserves the right to offer alternatives to booked rooms should this prove necessary.
10. Normal working hours are Monday to Friday 9am–5pm and the CMS office is closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Extra charges may be incurred for events outside working hours.
11. Room hire is on the basis that rooms booked are used. Cancellations must be made 10 working days before your event, or your deposit will be forfeited.
12. CMS does not have a Public Entertainment licence, for this reason tickets cannot be sold at the door of events. Please abide by this.
13. Under no circumstances should audio-visual equipment be removed from rooms. If equipment is faulty, damaged or missing, please advise reception immediately.
14. Any additional equipment required for the event outside of the standard room provision will be charged (the hire cost, including insurance) to the organiser of the event.
15. The organisers shall accept full responsibility for making good any damage caused to the premises, furniture, equipment or other CMS property, where such damage has been caused by the event participants, the organisers, their agents or contractors.
16. If the room requires additional cleaning then a surcharge of £15.00 will be charged to the organiser.
17. The price of facilities and services shall be in accordance with the published tariff. Charges are usually revised once a year.
18. Invoices must be paid 14 days from invoicing date. Please provide the correct postal address for invoicing.
19. Payment can be made by credit card, debit card, cheque or BACS.
20. CMS is not registered for VAT purposes.
Health and Safety
21. Numbers at events are not allowed to exceed the advertised standing capacity of the rooms.
22. Fire exits and fire related equipment are to be kept clear and visible at all times.
23. CMS operates a no smoking policy; organisers must ensure that all persons attending the event observe this.
24. CMS accepts no responsibility for the property of customers and guests at events. Personal belongings should be kept on the person at all times or arrangements made with our reception staff.
25. The organiser is the responsible person for Health and Safety matters relating to an event and must be present at the event to deal with relevant issues. The contact name for health and safety, if not the organiser, must be submitted 48 hours prior to the event taking place.
26. As with all activities, it is the responsibility of the person organising the event to ensure that risk assessments are carried out to assess any possibility of harm and to take action to avoid such harm.
27. If the event requires special security arrangements, this must be brought to the attention of reception staff when booking and may incur an extra charge.
28. Any external organisation proposing to organise an event on the premises where there is a possibility, or probability, that the event may give rise to a threat to public order must indicate this on the form.
29. CMS reserves the right to notify and involve other agencies in the event if it deems there is a risk of public disorder or threat to an individual(s).
Bookings for events are accepted on the understanding that the organiser, as named on the booking form, accepts and abides by these terms and conditions.